We've just re-opened our doors after over a week in sweatpants, working out of any coffee shop with a remotely reliable wifi connection. Not surprisingly, social media gave Hurricane Sandy a visual, real-time and often emotionally-charged life through content shared by people on the ground and up in the air, documenting their Sandy experience.
We are taking off shortly to volunteer with NYC Cares as a team, but wanted to share some of the interesting coverage around social media's conversational role in storytelling throughout the Sandy experience:
- Social Innovation + Sandy (via Just Means)
- Social Media Storm (via Chicago Tribune)
- Follow Hurricane Sandy on Social Media (via USA TODAY)
- Social Media + Staten Island (via SILIVE.com)
- Fake Tweets + Sandy (via CNN)
- Social Media + Sandy + Aid for Homeless (via Huffington Post)
We hope you're all safe and sound.