Every year when Social Media Week hits NYC (now twice per year) we become like little social media robots, scurrying around the city, programmed to suck in as much as we can from various industry thought leaders, learn as much as we can around new platforms and opportunities and of course, share a few things of our own. People always seem to think that because we consult a lot on social media that we spend a lot of time on our own. The contrary, really. We invest in our clients not in our own, there are only so many hours in the day, afterall. When you're in the trenches we've found best to invest in innovation on the people who matter most.
A few highlights and notes we'd love to share:
- Bigger and better than ever?
- Tons of content around the 2012 Election - which many are calling the first social election
- Grammys! Mania!
- Pinterest...perhaps THE buzz word this week.....even Zuck is on it
- U Plan Me & Blackbook (and the fun party that happened with it)
- Shoutlet 5.0
- Social media week is really every week, isn't it?
- The future of social media sharing (we love a good infographic, don't we?)
- And last, but not least, our office dog made his social media debut this week, on the blog of an adorable dog-adoring child of one of our colleagues