A little over a year ago, we first discovered Of a Kind through the tumblr blogging community. The concept is pure brilliance - build a commerce platform on top of a social blogging network (tumblr) and curate it around limited edition products made in collaboration with emerging designers. Love.
Here's why Of a Kind rocks our socks:
- It is the first ever social commerce platform on Tumblr - literally built into the platform so you can follow, reblog and purchase all within the same environment.
- Their "editions" range from chic to quirky to highly functional but have one thing in common - they are all super unique
- You are literally purchasing one of a limited quantity when you buy from Of a Kind, no more walking into a party and seeing someone rocking the same necklace
- Their utilization of social marketing and word-of-mouth to build a brand is exactly what it's all about. It's core to what we believe as marketers - peer recommendation leads to consideration and demand.
- It's run by two adorable women - Erica & Claire- who took a huge entrepreneurial risk and have built this brand all with their own stylish hands. As consulting entrepreneurs ourselves, we are inspired by their innovation, dedication and perspective...amazing!