What would a morning be without a cup of joe? Quite different to say the least. It wasn't surprising to learn that this fantastic caffeinated concoction has its very own national holiday that took place this year on Thursday, September 29th. So when we were invited, ironically while curled up at a table at Joe's with a fresh mug in hand, to help get the word out via influencer marketing and social PR about 7-Eleven's National Coffee Day celebration and Facebook application we jumped at the chance to support this fun campaign.
- Custom Facebook application that connected to an offline stunt in DC's Union Station where consumers could "Dip a Drip" - e.g., literally dunk a drip of a person (that horrible boss, annoying barista, etc) into a huge cup of coffee
- Consumers could dip the drip in-person in DC or dip them via Facebook through an app that controlled the actions offline
- From 7-11 a.m. on 9/29 all consumers could visit a 7-Eleven for a free cup of coffee or latte
Payton & Co. Solution:
- Partnered to execute targeted social outreach to niche affinity sites, influencers and blogs within key categories such as: social media/technology, coffee lovers, food & beverage, mom, DC.
- Seeded application demo to social/tech bloggers, sent custom invitation to come grab a free coffee to coffee/F&B outlets
Payton & Company Results:
- 70% conversion rate on 100 sites/blogs engaged
- 70 placements garnering over 26 MM unique impressions
- q% lift in share of voice
- Placements with top tier outlets including: Grub Street, Eater, Shape Magazine (.com), Consumer Reports (.com), Yum Sugar and Media Post.
Note: These results are for Payton & Company online and are not inclusive of overarching campaign results.
Photos courtesy of 7-Eleven's Facebook page.